Thursday, February 17, 2005

3. Create the contactDB database...

Bizarrely seconded into a T171 chat room for several minutes... nice talking to you all Roger, Les, Charmaine good luck with the course!!! How unfair is that though, they're only level 1 students and they get a chat room to use, surely there's a pecking order to these things!!! Oh well!!! Back to the case study forum and the tumbleweed blowing through TT380 FirstClass forums...

Where was I? Oh yes, creating a contactDB

So carrying on from before....


mysql> exit
Bye

C:\mysql\bin>mysqladmin -u ab1234 -pA1234567 create contactDB

C:\mysql\bin>


I'm following the book, so I exit from mysql monitor (mysql>) and execute the mysqladmin command at the DOS prompt...

To check to see it has worked I went to DB Manager...



Bingo, I refreshed the window using the lightning strike and found my database....

Onto create the tables....
4. Define user privileges


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?